- Listed: March 27, 2014 8:22 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
“In May 1942, Packanack Lake was a community consisting of 500 homes located in a remote section of Wayne Township when six Packanackers recognized the need for our own Fire Company for improved fire and emergency protection.
Plans were drawn and a two story firehouse was built by the volunteer firefighters, on property donated by Packanack Homes, Inc., the realtors that developed Packanack Lake. In 1948, Company No. 5 moved in their new Firehouse. At this time the wives of the firemen formed the Packanack Lake Ladies Auxiliary. They supported the Company with fund raising functions, which was supported by the community.
Over our 61 year history, there have been six Fire Commissioners elected from our company by the five fire companies in Wayne.” – From their website.
For more information please visit www.plfc5.com
You can donate by credit card by visiting our website www.plfc5.com/donate Donation ID# 1450
823 total views, 1 today
Sponsored LinksTweets by @ClassifiedNJ
Popular Ads Overall
- No ads viewed yet.